Friday 24 June 2011

SS Music...!!!!!

There’s a TV channel in my colony or “para” or area, whatever you may say (to be more specific-where I stay if you can understand) named Southern Spice Music or SS Music... As you can (or may) already get some idea from the name of the TV channel that this channel airs only South-Indian songs... South Indian means songs from the 4 Dravidan states viz Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu. But since the head-office of the channel is in Chennai, so they air mostly Tamil songs. So one fine day, maybe it was when I was in my graduation 2nd year or end of my 1st year, I suddenly heard my mother listening to some songs whose language I couldn’t understand. I came to the TV room only to see that THANKFULLY (oh yess...!! thankfully) my mom, while surfing all the channels, had discovered this wonderful channel and was listening and watching attentively to the songs and the heroes-heroines dancing around the trees.. But what surprised me even more is that the quality of songs, the quality of picturization, choosing of shooting locations or spots in South-Indian movies have changed, rather improved, drastically... I still remember some of the old South-Indian pictures which I had saw on the net-the pathetic, aged heroes (or uncles !!!) and their young, beautiful heroines (who seemed like their daughters..!!!) and terrible acting, equally terrible shooting spots and lip sync..
Since then, I became a fan of the SS Music channel and I still remember the first Tamil song I heard-“Nenjukkul Peidhidum”, sung by the great Hariharan, from the movie Vaaraanam Ayaram starring Surya, Sameera Reddy and Simran... Aaahhh..!!! I fell in love with the song and the beautiful picturization  of the song as well... Too good....!!!! For a change, I actually liked Sameera Reddy in the movie.. I even downloaded the movie from Youtube (obviously with subtitles... :P :P )
Since then on, my journey of listening to South-Indian songs started and also watching them (with subtitles... :P :P ) The second song which just took me to a trance state is the song “Hosanna” from the Telugu movie “Yeh Maaya Chesave” starring Naga Chaitanya and Samantha which was later remade into a Tamil one named “Vinnathaandi Varuvaayaa” starring Trisha Kanan and oops..!! I forgot the Tamil hero’s name...!!! Never mind...!!! This song is just awesome or rather just inexplicable how much it affects me and how peaceful and calm I can feel when I listen to this song... I forget everything, every damn tension, worry in this world...!!! Truly Mr. A. R. Rehman- you are a GENIUS...!!!!
And indeed, Music has no barriers, no demarcations, no limitations and cannot be bounded by any language... You just got to feel it, then one can automatically understand what the song has to say, what the message the song has to give out to its listeners............. Music has only one language and that is to feel it from your heart....!!!!!!! That’s it......!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment