Sunday 21 October 2012

Two and a half....

It's been two and a half months since I came to this second largest city of Maharashtra (as everyone says!!! Though I have my doubts between Pune and Nagpur), and I have realised one very important "characteristic" of this city and that is-"Nagpur is a culturally DEAD city.." Period. Though it is a f***ingly RICH city with 3 duplex bungalow type houses out of 6 at every street, road, lane, bylanes, people here are more fashion conscious than being health conscious. People here prefer investing in properties, rather than buying good food, enjoying their lives. Even the clerical staff of my office are millionaires and billionaires, yet in appearance they are worse than the people who have roadside hotels selling "sobji bhaat for 12 INR" and "dim bhaat for 15 INR" and "mangsho bhaat for 25 INR" in Kolkata....!!!!!

For two and a half months I have searched for a dance class/tutorial so that I can resume my Kathak lessons. For two and a half months I have searched for a guitar class/tutorial so that I resume my guitar lessons. But alas...!!! Nagpur is a culturally DEAD city.."

Here younsgters (school going guys and girls, college going youth) prefer roaming around the streets of Nagpur on their Scooties showing of their "driving skills & maneuvers (which are nothing but "rash driving" leading to innumerous accidents), going to Futala Lake and what-was-the-name-I-forgot Lake AFTER sunset (friends, I think you can VERY well understand what I mean/meant to say..!!)

Never knew I will MISS Kolkata, my hometown, the "Tilottama" to this extent. It's true that as long as you have the thing, you never realise its worth. When the thing is no more with you then you realise what you are lacking.....!!!!

Love you forever and beyond Kolkata......

No comments:

Post a Comment