Monday 2 October 2023

Varkala, Kerala, India

Sunset from Varkala South cliff

Ever since I moved to Bangalore in 2022, I have been hearing about Varkala as if this is the "Goa" of Bangaloreans. I started planning for a Varkala trip but due to many unavoidable circumstances, the planning didn't see light of the day until September 2023 during the Ganesh Chaturthi extended weekend. I didn't drive down to Varkala (I usually drive to any nearby holiday destination as I love driving) but took an overnight AC sleeper bus from Punchiry Travels. I'm mentioning their name as I found their bus to be very comfortable, hygienic & less rolling compared to other sleeper bus companies. For the return journey, I booked train tickets for 16525 KSR Bengaluru Express (Kanyakumari t KSR Majestic) from IRCTC. While there is still daylight, one can get to witness some spectacular Kerala landscapes form the train window.

Coming back to the trip, I wouldn't say I had a "fantastic" trip because of many factors which I will elaborate further as you continue reading this blog.

The AC sleeper bus started at 6 pm from Kodathi gate and was supposed to reach my stop at around 6.30 pm but the driver decided to start at 5.50 pm & I had to hurry with all my luggage at the bus stop. On top of that, it started raining suddenly and there was no shade. I boarded the bus at around 6.15 pm; the bus proceeded picking up many more passengers, waited for about 45 mins at the office of Punchiry Travels near Madiwala and finally left Bangalore at around 8.30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment