Thursday 6 July 2017

Moti

It was quite late on that night when we returned from Viviana Mall Thane after my birthday celebration. I cannot overfeed myself and hence we had to parcel our dinner leftovers from the restaurant (honey garlic chicken probably). When I alighted from our car, he was standing there, looking at me wagging his tail. I have seen him many times near our cluster with the other stray dogs, playing and enjoying. At that moment (and from my past experiences), I knew we would never have the packed honey garlic chicken and it would occupy a small, discarded corner of the fridge & then after a week or so it would find its rightful place in the garbage bin. So I opened the lid of the parcelled food and offered it to him. He glanced at the food and then at me and proceeded to satiate his hunger.

It was quite a few weeks after the above incident that I met him again after returning back from office. As soon as I stepped down from the car, he came wagging his tail and in a playful mood, standing on his hind legs, rubbing his face against me. From then, every day he came in a playful mood whenever he saw me. He never liked it when I took Mishti out for walks and vice versa. He scampered along with me if I went to any neighbour’s home or if I was out strolling.


It was a mournful morning today in the office when the news of Moti (my darling stray pet) being hospitalised was conveyed to me. Some residents had apparently beaten him so much that the vet doubted his bones may had been broken. The vet’s message wasn’t to promising for Moti either and though we prayed for Moti’s speedy recovery, a few minutes later we received the news of his untimely demise. I would term it as “murder” if the message regarding the residents beating him barbarously is found to be true and pray to the Almighty that Karma hits those residents back ruthlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment