Sunday 12 February 2012

The Carpenters and Lionel Ritchie


Today was among those days when I am feeling extremely down, apparently for no reason (or maybe there IS a reason but as I proclaim to the world that I give a damn, but inside I do feel bad)… Ever since I returned, I don’t know why but I suddenly thought of downloading songs by “The Carpenters” and listening to them… A huge of memories came flooding into my mind without even my wanting it-be it beautiful or bitter memories… The songs made me realize that yes indeed, I have travelled a long path since my school days when if a friend stopped talking to me I would silently go to my room and cry myself hoarse… Listened to “Stuck on you” by Lionel Ritchie and had a flash back of my Class VII days in AG Church.. 
How much I miss those days; when I first started learning slangs, “Bengali khistis”, had “puppy love” or “infatuation” or “crush” or what should I term it now I don’t know, when I was into my teens and entered the adolescent stage, when Mom’s words were like “why the hell is she wasting her time when she knows I’m not listening to her??!!!!”, when everything I did or thought seemed right, when I had so many unfulfilled dreams and the stupidest notions about “love” and “living happily ever after” as was shown in typical Bollywood movies.. It was the time when we were going gaga over Hrithik Roshan as his first movie “Kaho na pyar hai” released and he was looking HAWT….!!!! It was the time when I first started listening to English songs, starting off with “My heart goes sha la la la la” by Vengaboys and Backstreet Boys and Enrique.. Listening to English songs at that time gave you a higher edge than the others… Others looked up to you as if you have become a demi god.. :P :P
It was the time of getting innumerous proposals from the guys of our class and from our seniors… Though I always showed off that I didn’t care, but deep within I was jumping with joy that yes, even I got proposals too… :P :P (Some of the guys are pursuing till this now and flirting as usual..!!! ) As the proposals came, friendships were put at risk when both the boys fell in “love” with the same girl… L L The girl was then at a dilemma whom to keep as “just a friend” and who would her “boyfriend”… Innumerous scandals, “jaundice cases” and what not……
Thanx “Carpenters” and Lionel Ritchie….. You made me nostalgic…. I miss those days…………….

1 comment:

  1. Puchki take heart in the fact that most people donot get in life all that u have. But yes u have had ur share of misfortunes and misplaced affections. But remember, almost everyone ha something or the other to rue about. And remember that famous quote " Joto hashi toto kanna, bole gechen Ram shonna..."

    ReplyDelete